CMFL cheer is continuing to grow and evolve.
We strive to develop fundamental skills through active participation of our cheerleaders, and to promote good sportsmanship from our cheerleaders, coaches and parents. Our focus is on Fun, Skills Development and Safety. Our mission is simple, improving youth sports will better prepare our student for success at the high school level, as well as life skills beyond high school.
Any child ages 6-14 are welcome to join the Competition Squad, but must also ACTIVELY participate in Sideline Cheer.
Thank You for your understanding and please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. We believe we have asked ourselves all the questions that we as parents wanted answered. Once again thank you for your cooperation.
*We may combine squads/grades for Sideline and/or Competition depending on the needs of the team**
Coaching Orientation 2EGleaning material from the Coaching Principles, Sport First Aid, and Coaching [Sport] Technical and Tactical Skills courses, Coaching Orientation provides up-and-coming coaches with the essentials to step on the field for the first time. Clocking in at six hours, Coaching Orientation features interactive exercises, engaging graphics, poignant video vignettes, and quick pace to form a course that is informative, eye-opening, and enjoyable.
|Version or Format||Notes|
|Online Course||This course can be purchased and taken online.|
Gleaning material from the Coaching Principles, Sport First Aid, and Coaching [Sport] Technical and Tactical Skills courses, Coaching Orientation provides up-and-coming coaches with the essentials
to step on the field for the first time. Clocking in at six hours, Coaching Orientation features interactive exercises, engaging graphics, poignant video vignettes, and quick pace to form a course
that is informative, eye-opening, and enjoyable.
After completing this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Start to develop your personal coaching philosophy and coaching objectives.
- Recognize your role in helping your players develop good character.
- Evaluate and improve your communication skills.
- Describe how to build team chemistry and manage your athletes’ behavior using positive discipline and team rules.
- Recognize how to work effectively with administrators, officials, parents, and the media.
- Recognize what motivates high school athletes, and explain how to integrate this knowledge with innovative approaches to learning in order to be an effective teacher.
- Create plans for teaching technical and tactical skills, and describe how to effectively teach and practice these skills.
- Identify educational resources for learning about and keeping abreast of sport-specific skills and the latest technological advances in a sport.
- Recognize your legal responsibilities related to managing risk.
- Explain your responsibilities for ensuring the safety of your athletes, including the following: working with other members of the athletic health care team; handling medical and weather emergencies; providing safe athletic facilities and equipment; and coordinating physical exams and medical records.
- Recognize your role in promoting physical fitness with your athletes.
- Develop instructional plans for the season and for individual practices.
Coaching Youth Cheerleading - PDFOur lowest-cost alternative for training coaches. Priced at $19.95 retail, this course is delivered entirely online. Our Coaching Youth Cheerleading book is delivered as a series of PDF downloads within the course. Coaches are prompted to read excerpts prior to completing online course units and activities, and can print the PDFs for hard-copy reference. Volume discounts available. To place an order for more than one course, call 800-747-5698. For single orders, click on the icon below.
|Version or Format||Course Components|
|Coaching Youth Cheerleading - PDF||No ancillaries; reading material is delivered as PDF downloads within the online course|
This course is for coaches of athletes age 14 and under participating in a recreational, noncompetitive setting. Learn fundamental coaching concepts and responsibilities, and come away with the most important coaching points of the major skills of youth cheerleading.
In this interactive online course, you’ll learn to prepare for your season and provide the best possible experience for your athletes. The course is supplemented by excerpts from the Coaching
Youth Cheerleading book, which are delivered as a series of PDF downloads within the online course. As you progress through the online course, you’ll be prompted to read excerpts to complete
The course includes many interactive exercises that apply and enrich concepts from the book excerpts. It also includes a handy Coaches’ Clipboard utility with forms, documents, and detailed plans for successful practice sessions and game-day coaching. The course concludes with an online 30-question test.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to